How to choose the right size of your drapes or sheer curtains?
1. curtain width
2. curtain lengths
There are three common ways to hang your curtains, depending on the condition in your room and what look you prefer.
1) Sill Length - End half inch (1 - 1.25cm) above the windowsill
2) Below sill - 6 inches (15 cm) below the windowsill 【or half inch (1.25 - 2cm) above the radiator】.
3) Floor Length - half inch (1 - 1.25cm ) above the floor
Below there is also an unusual type of extra-long hanging method, which suits for people who have no pets or kids in the home or do not worry about cleaning and would like to create a romantic environment - "Puddle":
1) Break Puddle ( ½ - 1 inch > your floor length )
2) Medium Puddle ( 2-4 inch > your floor length )
3) True Puddle ( 6-16 inch > your floor length )
4) Fold-under puddle ( 16+ inches > your floor length )
This style has a romantic, feminine, old world feel ( think about gone with the wind and medieval castles ). It’s a great option for drapery in more traditional and formal rooms. The puddle style works best with high-quality, thick fabric like lined drapery, velvet or linen.
Puddled drapes can add just as much grandeur and drama to your home today. Depending on what fabric and style you choose, puddled drapes can make a space feel more formal or casual. Go with linen or other gauzy fabrics if you want a relaxed vibe ( think French country style / space - pursues free, laid-back and comfortable time alone, time in contact with nature, and enjoying life in an elegant, warm and cozy environment...).